Who We Are
Mount Zion Church was founded in 1831 with its current location established in 1862. Our church was rebuilt in 1921 and the current sanctuary was erected in 1974. Over the years, Mount Zion has experienced many changes and transitioned from a traditional music style to a blended worship style with praise singers, a praise band, and a praise choir. Although certain aspects of our church have changed, what will never change is our belief in the authority of God's unchanging Word and our responsibility to proclaim it boldly and live it passionately.
At Mount Zion, we are a purposeful congregation of believers who share worship and fellowship together as a result of our common union with God through Jesus Christ. We believe it is our responsibility to be the hands and feet of Christ to the world and we strive to make Mount Zion a beacon of light to the community.